Search

  • What is Milton Anti-bacterial Solution made of?

    Milton Anti-bacterial Solution is made of an aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite and 16.5% sodium chloride. The Milton Fluid that is available to buy is a strength of 2% sodium hypochlorite.

  • Can Milton Anti-bacterial Solution be used for applications other than sterilising a baby’s feeding equipment?

    You don't have to have a baby to use Milton. Milton Anti-bacterial Solution can be used to disinfect kitchen work surfaces, chopping boards, wiping out fridges, microwaves, storage containers, pet bowls and bins. It can also be used to soak fruit and vegetables where the microbiological safety of such items is suspect. For more information, click here

  • What happens if a child swallows some Milton Anti-bacterial Solution?

    Because of the salt in the solution in the bottle, the child will usually spit the fluid out, or, at worst, be sick. If they are not sick, there should be no need to worry but a concerned parent can give the child a drink of milk. Because milk is a protein it will neutralise the Milton solution. The Milton Sterilising Fluid formula should be neutralised by the saliva proteins and break down into salt and water. However it is always best to seek medical advice or contact your GP to ensure complete safety.

  • Hypochlorite is bleach, which is toxic. Is the Milton Anti-bacterial Solution toxic also?

    No. As stated above, toxicity in hypochlorites is due to the by-product of their decomposition, sodium chlorate. With the heavy ions removed Milton decomposes into water and a small amount of sodium chloride (salt).

  • Will the Milton Anti-bacterial Solution or Tablets kill Candida albicans, the fungi responsible for thrush?

    All the Milton products will kill Candida albicans (the agent responsible for thrush).

Anti-bacterial Solution

500ml and 5L

NEW DOUBLE CONCENTRATION – USE LESS MILTON FOR THE SAME POWERFUL RESULTS
 

New bottle and cap: easier to dose and handle

Key features

  • Expertly developed to sterilise baby items in only 15 minutes
  • Use only 1 capful (30 ml) for 4L
  • Hospital grade disinfectant
  • Used by parents and midwives for over 70 years
  • Kill 99.9% of germs
  • No need to rinse
  • Solution works for 24 hours
  • Use to sterilise all breastfeeding equipment and baby feeding accessories : breast pump parts, baby bottles, soothers, teething rings, small plastic toys, plastic cutlery, weaning bowls
  • Use for general household cleaning
  • A unique Milton formula that is not produced for anybody else

Where to buy

The Science behind it

Same active ingredient as the one used to make water drinkable.

Anti-germ activity

  • Kills 99.9% of germs including bacteria, fungi and viruses.
  • Effective on Rotavirus (N°1 cause for gastroenteritis), MRSA and the swine flu virus.

 Proofs of efficacy according to European norms

  • Bactericidal : in 5 minutes EN1040, EN1276 (including MRSA), EN 14561 and at 1.8% V/V EN13697.
  • Fungicidal : in 15 minutes EN1275, EN 1650 and EN14562 on Candida albicans (agent responsible for thrush).
  • Virucidal : in 15 minutes NF T72-180. Effective on Rotavirus and Coronavirus.

 Did you know? EN is the abbreviation for European Norm.

Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use. 

 

An award winning product